查看: 37|回復: 0
            打印 上一主題 下一主題
            收起左側

【VOA】美國學生因壓力過大酗酒身亡

[復制鏈接]
            跳轉到指定樓層
            1F
            發表于 昨天 01:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式

Mary Ciammetti lost her college-age son 20-year-old Christian Ciammetti from alcohol poisoning in 2015. My son died in the hospital when we found out that he had been binge drinking and he died from alcohol poisoning, from the effects of alcohol poisoning. I was home from work and then I was literally grieving and laying on a couch and I couldn’t do anything. Each year in the U.S. more than 1,800 college students between the ages of 18 and 24 die from alcohol-related injuries including motor vehicle crashes, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health reports. Despite the potential risks taking the edge off stress is why some students say they drink. Definitely for students at least nowadays a lot of it is stress, students like to work hard, play hard mentality. And they after a long week of classes and overachieving, they want to head to the bar, head to the club, head to their friends house and drink. But experts disagree that drinking relieves stress. So there is a misperception a lot of students will say that they drink to relieve stress. But in fact the studies and literature show that when students are drinking it actually increases stress in their lives.

2015年,瑪麗·恰梅蒂失去了20歲的大學兒子克里斯蒂安·恰梅蒂(因酒精中毒)。我的兒子死在了醫院,我們發現他酗酒,死于酒精中毒。我下班回家,躺在沙發上悲痛欲絕,什么也做不了。美國全國毒品使用和健康調查報告顯示,美國每年有1800多名18歲至24歲的大學生死于酒精相關的傷害,包括車禍。盡管有潛在的風險,但一些學生說他們喝酒是為了減輕壓力。肯定對學生來說,至少現在很多都是壓力,學生喜歡努力學習、努力玩耍的心態。他們上了一周的課,成績優異,他們想去酒吧,去俱樂部,去朋友家喝酒。但是專家們不同意喝酒可以緩解壓力。所以有一種誤解,很多學生會說他們喝酒是為了緩解壓力。但事實上,研究和文獻表明,當學生喝酒時,實際上會增加他們生活中的壓力。

Mitchell urges for stricter alcohol policies at colleges. We encourage colleges to adopt policies that reduce the access to alcohol that send the message to students that alcohol and excessive alcohol use are not a normal part of your college experience. Ciammetti who now runs a non-profit to educate young people about the harms of binge drinking admits that as a parent she should have been more vigilant of her son’s activities. What I do believe is that as a parent now when if anybody asks me I say go into their rooms, go into their college dorms and go see what is there. Now looking back I would do anything I could to get Christian back. And it’s too late. But not too late for other parents to prevent the same thing that happened to Christian from happening to their child.

米切爾敦促大學實行更嚴格的酒精政策。我們鼓勵大學采取措施減少學生接觸酒精的機會,向學生傳達這樣一個信息:酒精和過度飲酒并不是大學生活中正常的一部分。Ciammetti現在經營著一家非盈利組織,旨在教育年輕人酗酒的危害。她承認,作為父母,她應該對兒子的行為更加警惕。我相認為作為一個家長,如果有人問我,我會說,去他們的房間,去他們的大學宿舍,看看那里有什么。現在回想起來,如果能讓克里斯蒂安回來我愿做任何事。太晚了。但對于其他父母來說,要阻止發生在克里斯蒂安身上的事情不要再發生在他們的孩子身上,還為時不晚。

上一篇:【VOA】維修咖啡館教授如何將垃圾變廢為寶
            下一篇:【VOA】吃紅肉患癌風險高?專家這樣說
            您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 注冊

本版積分規則

隨便看看 精彩圖片 帖子導讀 聯系管理
            快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表
            维多利亚街